Monday, November 19, 2012
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Cross number 32 off of the 40 by 40 list: Spend a night in San Francisco.
I always knew I was going to leave the city. I had lived there for about 8 years and it was my home. However I knew I couldn't live it up forever and that one day I would move away to plant firm roots somewhere else. The time came and I left the fog horns, the hills, the no parking (boo) and the nightlife (food, cafes and bars for days!) to move to a small town in the East Bay.
I love my home now (we can talk about that love another time) however I still miss the city. I miss the unknown that it brought every day. I miss the sights and sounds. The energy. So for my birthday I knew a city getaway would be the perfect treat.
Next up, the twinkle of the city at night...
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
1. Shoot a day in the life
2. Bake a pie (from scratch)
3. Go camping
4. Live in a house with a garage and backyard
5. Photowalks (more. yes. please.)
6. Get to know Lightroom
7. Take a class 1/8 - 52 weeks of now you!
8. Invest in a new lens
9. Update my website
10. Get a facial
11. Do 40 consecutive push ups
12. Clean out my closet, no messing around!
13. Cook a turkey
14. Print out and frame my photos
15. Create garland/banner/bunting
16. Buy artwork and hang
18. Backyard (or patio in my case) party
19. Watch Casablanca (this will be a first)
20. Picnic fo reals
21. Go to the drive-in
22. Balloon photo shoot (it's going to be good)
23. Learn guitar or ukelele. 1/6 - Taking ukelele classes now!
24. Date night once a month
25. Family photo
26. Take 20 portraits
27. Grafitti (if it's tasteful is it still illegal?)
28. A day of spreading happiness
29. Visit the http://www.cabazondinosaurs.com/
30. Spend time in Tahoe
31. Interview my parents (nothing heavy BTW)
34. Pay for the person behind me in line.
35. Bake and deliver to friends and neighbors.
36. Athletic event (
37. Make a loaf of bread from scratch.
38. Do 5 pinterest projects (why pin if you don't do?)
39. Color run http://thecolorrun.com/
40. Sunrise photoshoot